The Age Wave Initiative of Lebanon County is a volunteer group of business, health care, and aging services professionals concerned with the changing demographics of the Baby Boom generation and advocating for those new or additional services that may be needed.
The Initiative is focusing on changes needed over the next twenty years in housing, transportation, employment/training/voluntarism, and healthcare/long-term care, who will make and pay for the changes.
It is the intent of the Age Wave Initiative to:
• Raise awareness among consumers and leaders in business, government, education, health and human services about the demographic change
• Begin dialogue within and among the different groups about the demographic changes
• Examine creative solutions and models of housing, transportation and long-term care to address multiple needs
• Address the needs of the entire community, not only the low-income and disadvantaged
• Engage all age groups in the process because the demographic changes will affect all age groups, and whatever is planned for our older population will benefit everyone
For more information or to become involved, contact us at email@example.com or 717-273-9262.